The retail business environment has changed a lot over the last few years and is continuing to do so at a fast pace. In such a dynamic and liquid environment, many retail businesses face challenges and disputes that cause hindrance in their working. Such a problematic or difficult situation causes them to seek counsel and advocacy from reliable sources to achieve their ends through legal means.
How Can We Help?
We at Retail Hospitality Law, strive to bring you what you need. We not only provide you with ideas for policy development to help minimize costs and avoid disputes before they arise but also support and guide you through dispute resolution procedures if and when they arise. The basics of the local hospitality law shall be communicated to assist you in a knowledgeable and aggressive defense in case of a conflict and to help you form policies and procedures to ensure that the laws are not unintentionally violated by you.
These discussions would be aimed to help national and regional companies in retail, hotel, food services, bars and private clubs, and entertainment industries to protect their brands and assets. The areas covered in these discussions shall include, but will not be limited to, the following topics:
- Premises claims: unsafe or defective condition of property that results in personal injury
- General counseling: counsel or advice on work-related concerns
- Risk management policies and practices: to help forecast and evaluate financial risks and form procedures to minimize the impact of these risks
- Real estate development: property development procedures
- Transactional issues and claims: conflict on a business agreement and exchange
- Zoning: land use planning by appropriate authorities
- Leasing or Landlord/Tenant relationship: the rights and responsibilities of tenants and landlords
- Retail Red-lining: claim of discriminatory practices against a community because of ethnic or racial characteristics rather than economic prospects
- Labour and employment: labor and employment laws, remuneration policies, training and development procedures
- Hotels and resorts: commercial litigations and class action litigations.
- Restaurants and Clubs: alcohol liabilities, food adulteration claims, tortious act by the third party
- Retailers: tort lawsuits and counsel to deal with the ever-changing environment
- Entertainment Venues, Promoters and Presenters: contract drafting and review
To gain beneficial knowledge and professional insights about these fields and several others in the domain of retail hospitality, subscribe to our blog and enlighten us with your comments as well.